Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

trampoline hall.


artwork by margaux williamson.

for some reason, i have neglected to mention that i am curating monday's installment of trampoline hall. maybe it's because i am so stressed out (really, it's bad). all my technology is failing, the postal service has been letting me down endlessly and people i am supposed to converge with are disappearing left and right.

but that's a digression. i should be stressed about monday's trampoline hall (a non-expert toronto-based lecture series, for those who don't know). usually, people lecture on whatever they like. but for this installment, i have invited specific people (carl wilson, emily halfon & michael balazo) to research and lecture on the members of my immediate family. from the contact i've had with them, i think everyone is doing interesting work and i am really interested to find out what my family is all about.

also, i hinted earlier that i might do a ticket give-away via this blog. well, i kind of will. i am alotted a few "reserves" which i will give away. this means that you still have to pay $5 but your tickets will be waiting at the door (this is quite a miracle considering that getting tickets to trampoline hall is the biggest challenge of the process). i think i only have six reserves to distribute, so no more than two per person (if anyone reads this).

and now, back to my blind panic and chest pains.

11 comments:

leah b said...

good heavens, i cannot miss this! i haven't been outdoors in days now but will surely leave my apartment for this. please reserve a ticket for me and if there's an extra then a second one too!

Dory Kornfeld said...

Can I have one or two of the reserves? I've never been to Trampoline Hall and I really want to go before I move away from this town...

Unknown said...

can i have one? i'll come! i promise.

sweetie pie press said...

yup, i can accomodate all of you. and maybe more, so feel free to keep he requests coming.

dusty, did you want one or two?

Unknown said...

two please!

thanks
-d

Dory Kornfeld said...

Yay! You're a rockstar Becky Johnson!

sweetie pie press said...

awww. you're welcome, dory. i am happy to have friends out to see these shows. they are pretty unique.

as for being a rock star, i only feel like one because margaux drew my face so many times.

Dory Kornfeld said...

So I can have 2?

sweetie pie press said...

yup. you have two waiting at the door. i am so glad you are coming out tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you still have tix available? It's late, I know...

sweetie pie press said...

prefix: i am not sure if you will see this but i was already at the venue setting up the show by the time you posted. hope you managed to get in!